Have you been thinking about straightening your teeth, but worried what metal braces will look like?
Well there’s no need to worry and you should be excited, because at HiTech Ortho we offer Invisalign clear aligner treatment.
How does Invisalign work?
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign does not use brackets, archwires or rubber bands. Invisalign simply uses clear plastic aligners made from SmartTrack, Invisalign’s patented material to straighten your teeth.
This clear aligner treatment works by utilising a series of slightly different aligners to move your teeth into the desired positions. The aligners are swapped over every two weeks to the next sequential pair, and will precisely follow the treatment journey, which was outlined by the state-of-the-art iTero Element scans of your mouth, which will be uploaded and examined in ClinCheck Software.
ClinCheck Software allows for our orthodontic team to precisely map out every single movement your teeth need to take on their journey towards your new, beautiful, straight smile.
Your Invisalign aligners will be precisely manufactured based off your custom journey map from the ClinCheck Software.
What does the Invisalign journey look like?
Initial Consultation at HiTech Ortho
Your Invisalign journey will begin with an initial consultation with our expert orthodontic team at HiTech Ortho.
During this initial consultation, we will examine your mouth to decide whether Invisalign can do the job, or if you have a complex issue for time-tested traditional metal braces.
We will discuss Invisalign treatment with you and if you would like to proceed with clear aligner treatment, we will use the iTero Element Scanner to take precise 3D digital scans of your bite.
These 3D scans will be used in ClinCheck Software to map out an accurate treatment journey for you, down to every small tooth movement required.
Your Aligners are Manufactured
Once we have confirmed your treatment map using the software, we will send it, along with your scans off to Invisalign to have your custom aligners manufactured.
Once we receive your aligners back at the HiTech Ortho clinic, we will call you in for your second appointment.
Receiving your Aligners
When you have your second visit, we will provide you with the first three sets of your aligners. We will make sure the first aligner fits correctly and is not too uncomfortable.
We will also provide you with further details and information on caring for your oral health, aligners and how to overall manage your treatment.
You will have to return to our clinic every six weeks for a check-up and to pick up your next three pairs of aligners.
How long do I wear my aligners for?
Each day you are required to wear your aligner for between 20 to 22 hours if you would like your treatment to go as intended.
Invisalign treatment effectiveness is based off your compliance.
Invisalign treatment usually takes between 12 to 18 months, and you may begin noticing changes within a few weeks.
Benefits of Invisalign treatment?
There are major benefits to choosing Invisalign, including:
- Virtually Invisible – Invisalign is made from clear plastic, so they are barely noticeable.
- Removable – You should remove your Invisalign aligners for cleaning, tooth brushing, flossing, eating, drinking anything other than water and any special photographs.
- Comfortable – Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than braces and cause less pain and discomfort as there are no brackets or archwires involved.
- No food restrictions – Since Invisalign aligners are removeable, you don’t have to worry about breaking them while eating. However, you should avoid sugary, acidic and other foods recommended by dentists and orthodontists as usual.
- Save time – For minor to moderate misalignments, Invisalign aligners are quicker than traditional metal braces.
- Improved dental health – Since Invisalign aligners are removable, it’s easier to keep a healthy, clean mouth and avoid oral health issues easier.
Is Invisalign right for me?
The best way to find out is to visit HiTech Ortho for an initial consultation, where we will examine your dental health.
Generally, if your suffer from a small to medium malocclusion, crowded or gapped teeth, Invisalign can straighten your teeth in comfortable, invisible and removable fashion.Click here to contact the experts at HiTech Ortho to begin your journey.